Aqualung ACD Retrofit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JonAustin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I noticed that Aqualung has come out with what they call an "auto-closure device (ACD)" which keeps you from killing your regs when you dunk them without replacing the dust cap.

1--Anybody used this feature? What do you think?

2--Is it possible to have this feature retro-fitted to an existing set of Aqualung regs? (Obviously, my preference would be that this is now SOP for the annual regulator overall. Yeah, I know, fat chance.)

3--How much would such a procedure cost?

Thanks,

JA

JonAustin:
1--Anybody used this feature? What do you think?

2--Is it possible to have this feature retro-fitted to an existing set of Aqualung regs? (Obviously, my preference would be that this is now SOP for the annual regulator overall. Yeah, I know, fat chance.)

3--How much would such a procedure cost?

Thanks,

JA

You would need the following parts to do this retrofit..........

Yoke Retainer PN 129212..............$18.00
Spring PN 129204.......................$2.00
O-Ring PN 820009.......................$2.00
O-Ring PN 820321.......................$1.00
Yoke Crown PN 129205................$15.00
Yoke Valve PN 129207.................$20.00

This retro-fit would take about 15 minutes to complete. There would be no reason for Aqua Lung to install this stuff as a retro-fit at your next annual service. The Legend without the ACD is not a product failure. This is simply a product/model upgrade. Hope this helps.

Phil Ellis

Thanks for the info, PhilEllis! Didn't mean to imply that the Legend was a failure! ACD is simply a (potentially) nifty feature that I'd like to have--especially if it doesn't mean that I have to buy all-new regs.

Back
Top Bottom