Aqualung Aquarius piston removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportdiver24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a few old aqualung aquarius regs first and second stages. I am trying to get one of the first stages piston out to clean it and replace o rings but it seems to be frozen in. I soaked the whole thing (which was kinda green all over) in white vinegar for maybe 20-30 minutes(now its a really shiny paperweight). Maybe i need to soak it longer? Also is deep creep ok to use? I know it's like pure petroleum but if i replace all the o-rings anyways? I have two of these. one breathes fine and has three lp ports and one hp port. the one i am trying to take apart has only two lp ports and one hp port. thank you for any help.

ok i got it!! i used a nut pick(you know for the nuts you have to open yourself not the ones that come in a can) stuck it inside the plunger and grabbed onto it with channel locks and yanked hard and out it popped. now to get o-rings

If the Aquarius you are working on the one in the pictures below, you can get service kits in the link below. There is a fellow that goes by the name of Slonda828 putting them together and selling them at VintageDoubleHose.com. The kits also include the piston seat.

He also has kits for the vintage second stages.

Vintage Double Hose :: View topic - Coming soon: Aquarius rebuild kits

Photo_2006_2_28_0_27_7_edited-2.jpg

1195397680094_16A.jpg

they are the same. thanks for the link. I have a huge kit of o-rings but i don't know the exact sizes required. i'm pretty sure i have all of the ones i need. is there anything i should put on the o-rings prior to reassembly?

You should put just a tiny bit of lubricant on the O-rings before assembly.
I still use silicone grease unless it is for high O2 purpose, and then I use Tribolube.

If you have any questions about the O-rings you out to post it over there in the vintage single hose section. I am sure Slonda would be more than glad to help you. You can also send him a PM.

Good luck and have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom