Aqualung Aquarius piston removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportdiver24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a few old aqualung aquarius regs first and second stages. I am trying to get one of the first stages piston out to clean it and replace o rings but it seems to be frozen in. I soaked the whole thing (which was kinda green all over) in white vinegar for maybe 20-30 minutes(now its a really shiny paperweight). Maybe i need to soak it longer? Also is deep creep ok to use? I know it's like pure petroleum but if i replace all the o-rings anyways? I have two of these. one breathes fine and has three lp ports and one hp port. the one i am trying to take apart has only two lp ports and one hp port. thank you for any help.

ok i got it!! i used a nut pick(you know for the nuts you have to open yourself not the ones that come in a can) stuck it inside the plunger and grabbed onto it with channel locks and yanked hard and out it popped. now to get o-rings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom