aqualung aquarius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to know the actual year of manufacture it's printed on the 2nd stage between the mouthpiece and exhaust T.

Since we're talking USD 2nd stages.....there's a huge similarity between these USD regs and the Kirby Morgan SuperFlow. Does anyone know if KM borrowed the design and then added their own adjustment feature. I do remember seeing an old bandmask which the 2nd stage had a light blue and white purge with US Divers on the label???

If you want to know the actual year of manufacture it's printed on the 2nd stage between the mouthpiece and exhaust T.

Something like this?

uncategorized-box_bottom_2.jpg

Since we're talking USD 2nd stages.....there's a huge similarity between these USD regs and the Kirby Morgan SuperFlow. Does anyone know if KM borrowed the design and then added their own adjustment feature. I do remember seeing an old bandmask which the 2nd stage had a light blue and white purge with US Divers on the label???

Did it look like this?

4223_79308549646_621864646_1629455_7351808_n.jpg

Yes, that's the reg. Is that an early SuperLite KMB9?....pristine condition.
I've done a little research since I posted my question in the previous post.
It seems like KM have used Scubapro and USD in their masks and were actually the commercial side of USD.
.....stands to reason that the Conshelf/Aquarius 2nd are so similar to the Superflow.

Hi,
What is the difference between Aquarius 2 and Aquarius one? I bought a Aquarius II plastic 2 th stage brand new in box and what can be the production date and some information please about that regulator.... 1018-00 code on the item.

Hi all,

Im new to the forum and this is my first post :) I know this is an old tread but I have been hunting high and low to try find service kits for a aquarius second stage, which brought me here..

Anyone able to shed some light on where I can pick up a service kit for my Aqualung Aquarius second stage?

Many Thanks

Welcome to the board.
The AQ second stage is a pretty generic second stage. The LP seat is a common size used in a lot of other regs or you can make your own. The only other commonly needed part is the exhaust valve which is also common to other regs. This is true on both the older metal second stage and the later plastic one. Bryan at Vintage Double Hose (aka VDH) carries the LP seats and several exhaust valves, odds are one of which will fit. www.vintagedoublehose.com

I love the old Aquarius. It breathes well enough and is a reliable, bulletproof reg. I always carry one on dive trips as a backup. As far as the second stage goes, I prefer the old metal ones to the modern plastic ones hands down. You don't really even need an IP gauge to set it. The adjustment screw will pop out before you can get the IP too high. The farther you screw it in, the lower the IP. I just screw the adjuster in to about 1 3/4 to 2 turns and go. That will set the IP somewhere in the acceptable range. You really ought to clean it up and dive it before you decide to retire that first stage. You might decide you like it.

Yes, that's the reg. Is that an early SuperLite KMB9?....pristine condition.
I've done a little research since I posted my question in the previous post.
It seems like KM have used Scubapro and USD in their masks and were actually the commercial side of USD.
.....stands to reason that the Conshelf/Aquarius 2nd are so similar to the Superflow.

Judging by the side block that mask is a KMB-10. The KMBs were band masks, Super Lites are helmets also made by KM. Kirby Morgan was an independent company that was sold to USD but they used the KM regs not the USD regs. The only similarity between the KM regs and the USD regs is the technology USD learned from KM, NOT the other way around. The scubapro R109 was used in the General Aquadyne DMC-7 helmet and DM-5 & 6 masks. After having issues with USD Bob Kirby and Bev Morgan left and opened Dive Systems International now known as Kirby Morgan Dive Systems. Kirby Morgan Dive Systems | Welcome

Back
Top Bottom