aqualung aquarius

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys
Recently got some old regs a Aqualung Aquarius reg set.. seem to find it very hard getting anyone to service them for me, so taken the option to service them myself (as its a very basic reg anyway) can some one please advise me on the best place to buy a service kit and how is it you fully dismantle the first stage and any advice on servicing the first and second stage..?
I want to replace the regulator hose on it too will a new hose fit seing as this is such old equiptment?
Thanks for your help guys
Sam

It is a very easy regulator for you to service.

You can get the service manuals and parts from VintageDoubleHose.com

Here is a service kit for it:
Shop Online

The second stage parts are also available at VDH.

The service manuals are in the download section.

Bryan at VDH could also service it for you, but if you are inclined to do it yourself it is easy and you can get a lot of support from the DIY section here or the single hose section at VDH.

45332012.jpg

Welcome to the board.
To add a little to Luis, the second stage (LP) hoses are the same as modern hoses so they are no problem if you want to replace them. The high pressure hose on the other hand does have the old style threads (3/8-24 just like the LP hoses). You have 2 options if you want/need to replace the HP hose. Use a male 3/8-24 to 7/16-20 female adapter OR you can still get the correct hose from Trident. Most any Trident dealer can order them for you (Bryan at VDH is a Trident dealer...he may have them in stock- same goes for the adapter). I typically order/use the correct hose on my older regs but I also keep an adapter on hand just in case. I had a hose go bad while diving on Bonaire a few years ago and no one on the island had the correct hose. Since I had the adapter, I just go a modern style one and used it until I got home.

The Aquarius is a simple reg to service. Besides the parts kit, you will need some kind of lubricant and an IP gauge. The lubricant can be the old school silicone grease or one of the new O2 compatable lubes, either is fine as long as you are not using high O2 gasses.

Back
Top Bottom