Aqualung Cousteau - which ports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CharGen

Registered
Reaction score
Okay... I can't find the answer to this anywhere...

I have the Aqualung Cousteau first stage (see picture). It has 2 HP ports, and 4 LP ports. 3 of those LP ports have the so-called "Air Turbo system" on them, an Aqualung thingy to help the reg perform better at depth.

Now the question: which 3 ports are this?? I can't find the info anywhere. I even have the Service manual for this baby, but it's not in there...

cousteau-glacia3.gif

Thanks in advance!

Michiel

The best thing to do is take out the port plugs and you will notice that those ports will have some kind of extra passage drilled into them. Usually on the side. take a look and you will see.

Michiel,

Did you figure this out? I too am looking for this information as I have the same first stage.

Thanks,

I've got that -- it doesn't talk about the Air Turbo at all... unless you have a different one... :)

Thanks, though!

KrisB:
I've got that -- it doesn't talk about the Air Turbo at all... unless you have a different one... :)

Thanks, though!

Wow, your right it doesn’t…crazy…why make three a turbo and the fourth LP not?

Poseidon8118:
Wow, your right it doesn’t…crazy…why make three a turbo and the fourth LP not?
dunno... is there a hazard to using the Air Turbo on everything?

The only thing I can think of is they put it on three ports, as there are three potential things to use it:
1. primary 2nd
2. backup 2nd (octo)
3. "airsource" inflator (the combination octo/bc inflator)

I don't know why they'd not do the fourth... perhaps a performance hit, or something?

The fourth LP port on the Cousteau is a 1/2" port. I believe at one time they used this port as the primary port thinking that it would deliver more air than the 3/8" ports.

Dear Chrisber,

Welcome to Scuba board. However, this is a five year old thread that you've dredged up. Poseidon 8118 has only posted once in the past three years. If you are looking for a particular item, might I suggest that you start a new thread under a title like "looking for a Aqualung service manual..."

I'm just sayin'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom