Aqualung Fusion Fit/bullet weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Caily

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK first post...!

So recently I bought myself my first drysuit - a n XS Waterproof D1 which has proved itself to be a big mistake purely based on me being a small girl and requiring an extra 14 pounds on top of the 10 I already use to get me down. I'm looking at selling that one off and buying an Aqualung Fusion fit. The expensive process has made me quite nervous! been a complete noob to drysuit diving, I need some experienced advice!

My questions are... approximately how many extra pounds will I need to add for a 2XS/XS fusion fit? and is there any reason why I shouldn't be buying this suit?

Most people will dial the exact weight in over about 25 to 30 dives. You should notice you could shed a few lbs off as time goes on. You could also pull the 3D mesh liner out of the D1, that would give you basically the same suit as a fusion. Atleast weight wise. I'd try that before, and put some dives on it before I sold it. The D1 is one of the best suits made. It would be a shame to see you trade it for a fusion.

OK first post...!

So recently I bought myself my first drysuit - an XS Waterproof D1 which has proved itself to be a big mistake purely based on me being a small girl and requiring an extra 14 pounds on top of the 10 I already use to get me down. I'm looking at selling that one off and buying an Aqualung Fusion fit. The expensive process has made me quite nervous! been a complete noob to drysuit diving, I need some experienced advice!

My questions are... approximately how many extra pounds will I need to add for a 2XS/XS fusion fit? and is there any reason why I shouldn't be buying this suit?

I had a similar problem with my D1 and found taking the 3D mesh out helped significantly with weighting as the 3D mesh has a constant volume rather than compressing like other undergarments. However, I have found that the outlet valve is more on the front/bottom of the suit than the side/top of the arm which makes venting more difficult. I have a friend who dives a fusion suit and she loves it. As @swimlikethefish has mentioned, dialing in proper weighting will take a few dives regardless of which suit you end up with.

The fusion suits are great IMO, however thermals/mesh inserts and the likes will determine overall buoyancy. The bigger the air spaces the more lift. I fit a v-weight to my cylinder(s) to reduce the overall weight on me.

The Fusion suit in conjunction with the fusion thermals, or FE Halo dramatically reduce the air spaces and buoyancy profile.

Please note that the Fusion is not for everyone as the don/doffing and the bulky neck ring can cause difficulties for some divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom