Aqualung Kronos Din O ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prjwarren

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:confused:
I've just bought a set of Aqualung Kronos Supreme regs/octopus with a din fitting. When I bought them I asked about spare o rings to be told to get in touch with Aqualung for spares as each regulator manufacturer has a slightly different size. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the o ring size as aqualung UK/GB is moving around and not answering their phone for answers!
Just praying my o ring doesn't go!

Please don't worry about that particular o-ring.

The o-ring is a very common size: AS568B-112. This is the standard size for DIN o-rings. Any dive shop should be able to sell you suitable o-rings in that size. Generic o-rings should work just as well as Aqualung-branded o-rings. FYI, please don't lube that o-ring at all. Grease will just attract dirt/sand/grit that will interfere with the seal between reg and tank valve.

FWIW, I end up changing that particular o-ring during servicing of the reg (every 2.5 years or so). Based on how the DIN attachment works, there is very minimal risk that the o-ring will fly out. I would still purchase a few spares and keep 'em in a save-a-dive kit.

Hope this info helps...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to the regulators forum

Back
Top Bottom