Aqualung Kronos Supreme and Calypso Octo: compatibility issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exactly. Sorry, Herman, poor choice of descriptor. Actually, I was on my way back to change it : too late.

No problem, it's sometimes hard to sort out implied meanings on a board. Guess I read a little too much into it, sorry.

GYANNI, follow Couvs instructions and you can do a good job on initial checkout. You may find the octo starts to flow at a somewhat deeper (greater pressure) than your primary, this is fairly common and some techs prefer to set them to breath a little harder to help reduce freeflows.

Thanks everybody, this is what basically the rep at leisurepro told me today. "Don't spend the extra $100.00 for another Octo, just have that one adjusted and you'll be fine'. I was surprised, usually any other business would have me offered an 'upgrade' for more $$.
So my next dive trip I'll have a shop look at it.
Thanks again.

Now I'm scratching my head even more....my LDS charges $100.00 to setup regulators that aren't purchased there.
Maybe I should just avoid the trouble and purchase a different Octo that doesn't need to be adjusted. Which one would you recommend, without spending too much $$$?
Thanks again for answering my question. I'm trying to be prepared before I call LP.com and ask their recommendation.

I would just go to another dive shop and see what they charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom