AquaLung Legend LX 1st and 2nd Stage Service Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Super thank you for a great post.

Two questions:
* Do you know how one aquires Trident products? I understand that Trident themselves don't sell B2C.
* Have anyone come back to you regarding the ACD filter and a way to get it?

Cheers,
Erik

What I did was just google the Trident part number and found an online scuba site (can't remember the name now) that was selling them. I imagine ebay would work too as Tbar suggested.

I haven't heard from anyone regarding the ACD filter and I've been looking online at various manufacturers to try to figure out a part number and I haven't had any luck. If you do figure it out let me know!

@TheWarmerTheBetter

If you are still on SB or anyone that knows. I am servicing a Mikron 1st stage and thought I could make do with tools on hand but now wondering if I need the Chamber Socket tool (ref # 122152) or the seat tool (part # 109436, ref # 116236).

Thanks

And any hints for breaking loose the dry chamber from the wet would be appreciated. A wrench with even Eric providing torch is not budging it.

Edit.. Eric was able to break it loose. Looks like the only question id if I can get by without the socket for the torque.

Last edited:
Ok. Got it done. And for anyone reading this with some of the same questions, a wooden chopstick works just fine as the referenced “seat tool”!

2 down. Really easy to do once you have the first one under your belt.

The only special tool I wish I had is the 32 mm socket so I can torque it to specs. Fortunately Eric has a good feel for these things so I think we are ok but not ideal without it.

Thanks again to Bryan @OWIC647 at Vintage Double Hose for the kits.

I figured I would add to my previous post and list which o-ring size is used in which locations. That way if you don't have access to aqualung part numbers this can still help you. I know that different manufacturers give the same parts different names so I've given the names I would use (or that the aqualung catalog uses) and, in cases where I've heard other names, included a brief description so you can figure out what it is if you're used to a different name.

O-Ring size / Uses

First Stage:

011 / High pressure crown (what the high pressure seat presses against), Around brass filter, Low pressure port plugs/hoses
006 / Inside of balance chamber (AFTER you put in the backup ring)
005 Backup Ring / Inside of balance chamber (BEFORE you put in the o-ring)
013 / Outside of balance chamber
012 / High pressure port plugs/hoses

Second Stage:

015 / Valve body (regulator hose side)
010 / Crown (the metal part that screws into the hose side of the valve body), Swivel at end of regulator hose
001-1/2 / End of shuttle valve (the plastic part that moves when you breath)
007 / Outside of adjustment screw (small plastic screw that presses against back of balance chamber)
013 / Outside of cam (plastic piece that the adjustment screw screws into and the adjustment knob attaches to)
018 / Outside of valve body screw (the plastic piece that the cam fits into that is on the very end of the valve body on the side opposite the regulator hose)

Important update! I had an issue with one of my regulators leaking some air where the balance chamber screws into the main regulator body. After looking at it and doing some testing I'm now convinced that the "Outside of balance chamber" o-ring should be an 014 size o-ring, NOT an 013. If you've serviced your regulator and it's not leaking you are fine (mine took over a year to start a slow leak), but for peace of mind you should probably change that o-ring. It only takes 2 minutes. Sorry for the error!

I was able to get service kits but really appreciate the time and effort you put into this for times when the kits are not readily available.

Last edited:
hey!

any idea if trident is selling suitable filters for aqualung legend 1st stage as well ? It's getting harder and harder to get you regs serviced around here....

Hello all,

I have been successful in servicing my old legend thanks to this thread, thank a lot!

One point on which I m still struggling is the diaphragm of the second stage. I Ve got a few to change, but I m struggling to find a compatible one for the first generation (not available on trident)
I was wondering if one the dgx ones would be suitable, anyone tried?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom