AquaLung Legend LX & Apex Compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. The second stage should be tuned for the intermediate pressure being delivered by the first stage after doing so however.

scubahorse:
Anyone knows if an Apeks ATX 50 will fit with a Legend LX first stage? Thanks.

they are completely compatible without any change...Legend LX has the same IP setting than apex regs (135 +/- 5 psig)..in fact they are almost the same design...

No, I don't believe so. The Aqualung regs have something they call a turbo charged system in which there are extra holes drilled in the forward facing MP ports for extra air flow. If you are ordering the ATX50 second though you can specify which hose you want.

also the IP for these regs should not have such a large range (10 psi) as mentioned. The IP should be as close as possible to 9.5 bar (138 psi) as possible.

so, can i attach my atx40 octo to the legend reg? if it's the same company - then there should be no big deal, right?

steel:
so, can i attach my atx40 octo to the legend reg? if it's the same company - then there should be no big deal, right?

Yes you are correct, not because they are the same brand, but because the balanced 40 accepts the overblanced legend. If you were using an unbalanced second stage (ie - sherwood octo) it would argueably not perform as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom