Aqualung Legend vs Oceanic Delta4 (or EOS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually it is the Delta 4 FDX10 the CDX5 first stage is paired with the GT3 second stage.
Their choice was based on superior cold water performance. I believe they replaced the Sherwood Maximus and Blizzard which have a long history as rock solid cold water workhorses.
In addition to the cold water reliability the Delta 4 has overall breathing effort among the best tested.
These tests were performed before the introduction of the Oceanic EOS which shares the FDX10 first stage. Also because of licensing contracts the swivel hose is now on the EOS instead of the Delta 4.

Absolutely right! I have no idea why I typed CDX5 other than I have an Omega II setup with that first stage.

The testing and selection was done in response to the loss of 2 Coast Guard divers. I don't know the story but somehow regulators were part of it.

Richard

True. And the Legend Lx ACD is great for ice diving as well. They are both great Regs. Any decision made wont be the wrong one. I obviously prefer the Legend Lx or I wouldn't have 4. I also have 5 Sigs 1 H&K and 1 Glock and 1 Springfield Armory.

i want to try the Legend, but your gun choices i dont completely agree with I have 2 baretta's, 2 sigs, a springfield xd, colt trooper 357, and a couple other toys Would never own a glock after i touched my XD

Narrowed it down to AL Legend LX with ACD vs. Oceanic EOS/FDX10 with DVT. Can someone please compare the two? The feature set and the price are awfully close and I have a LDS servicing/selling both brands and the cost of the service is pretty much the same. How do I choose? The Oceanic seems a little cheaper overall and it comes with the swivel that isn't available on the Legend. Thanks.

i want to try the Legend, but your gun choices i dont completely agree with I have 2 baretta's, 2 sigs, a springfield xd, colt trooper 357, and a couple other toys Would never own a glock after i touched my XD

I had the Glock before the XDs came out. I have an XD9 and XD40 Both Sub Comp. I prefer them to the Glock.

ok kazoo your creditability went up a notch in my book. Back to the regs, the swivel is a nice feature but there are some aftermarket swivels you can add (dont know if the Aqualung has one available yet). I would see if you can try them both and go with what you like. Aqualung and oceanic are both good brands and if specs say they should match up closely, see what you like the most then compare parts prices for common parts to break and how much your maintnance fees would be each service you send them in for. Also see if your traveling with it what has easiest service centers to find incase anything would happen while on vacation

Aqualung and oceanic are both good brands and if specs say they should match up closely, see what you like the most then compare parts prices for common parts to break and how much your maintnance fees would be each service you send them in for. Also see if your traveling with it what has easiest service centers to find incase anything would happen while on vacation

What specs should I compare specifically? Both are environmentally sealed diaphragm design with feature preventing water from entering the first stage in case I forget to put the dust cap before rinsing. Both come with lifetime parts free with annual service, so I'm not particularly worried about that part. My LDS says Oceanic is a global brand, similarly to AL so service should be available pretty much around the globe - is that so?

I dont know about the work of breathing thing oceanic has on their site, but weight of the second stage, size of the exhaust ports (so you dont have a regulator that puts bubbles right in your view), how adjustable the cracking adjustment is, temperature compatibilities (since your in philly depending on how cold of water your going to be getting into may become important). Some of the specs may be way outa what you will experience so i would personally try them and see what you like.

here is a site i found that tested them Regulators | Scuba Diving Magazine There are some side by side comparisons and some that are individual. Either way both are great choices and main thing is finding what your comfortable with

this has info on both, looks like their feelings are aqualung is better but oceanic is more comfortable http://www.scubadiving.com/gear/2006/11/best-new-regs-of-2006

THe XD40 is in my collection also. Nice for those times when smaller caliber concealment piece just won't do.

I just got the XD40. I haven't fired it yet. I carry the XD9 everywhere I go. I am looking at Kahr. My friend just bought one. Smaller than the XD Sub Comp.series.

Back to Regs.... You can always install a swivel to your second stage should you want to later. I use ALL Miflex Hoses and have no need for a swivel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom