Aqualung Legend with Titan LX - Couple of questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GiantMoray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I bought my first set of regs today, the Aqualung Legend with the Titan LX as octopus.

I just have a couple of questions.

First off I was told that they are cold water regs, I can see that supreme is the cold water version, I am assuming that the snowflake on the top of the Legend second stage and Titan LX octopus indicate that it is the supreme?

Secondly I tried putting my serial # on the website to register the product however the serial # was not recognised, is this because I purchased in the UK and it only recognises US ones?

Lastly I noticed the hose between the 1st stage and the Titan LX is an Apex hose. The sleeve which goes over the metal bit just by the Titan LX is a little tighter than on the Legend 2nd stage, is it normal/an issue?

Thanks
James

Hi James
congrats on your purchase of what I consider an excellent reg. You would be right about the snowflake on the 2nd stage denoting it as for cold water use. It is the extreme model. The serial number I'am not too sure about as to why its not recognized. Did you buy it from an authorized dealer ?? I would contact the dive shop who sold it to you about that. The apeks hose I wouldn't be too concered with, they're the same company. As far as those sleeves, again no worry, as a matter of fact I have removed those sleeves from all of my reg sets which includes the titan LX warm water and an apeks setup. In my opinion the can hide damage to the hoses and also hold salt or even fresh waster against the metal fittings. Hope this helps enjoy

Hi James,
Regarding serial numbers, yeah, it sounds like you made your way to the U.S.A web site.
I'm not sure that the U.K. has on line registration. You should check with your dealer to see how to best register your product over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom