AquaLung Malibu BC.....Trim Weight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BetterLateThannever

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. At this point I am still very new to diving and plan to do my open water dives across Memorial Day Weekend.

I purchased the AquaLung Malibu BC which has all the float in the back. I also decided on the Apeks T20 regulator. I used them for the first time yesterday in the confined water dive. As the trim weight in the rear is non-ditchable I was leery of putting too much back there so I set up my weights with 3lb ditchable on each side and 2lb non-ditchable trim on each side for a total of 10lbs. Unfortunately I still felt myself being pulled face forward when the BC was inflated.

I see no alternative other than increasing the trim weight which increases the "NON-DITCHABLE" weight, which worries me.

My question to the more experienced on the board; should I be concerned or am I worrying over nothing. At what point should I be?

Other than that, I love the new equipment and thoroughly enjoyed the class.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom