Aqualung Pro LT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reecard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am getting ready to purchase my first BC. I am interested in the Aqualung Pro LT, has anyone used this BC? If so, how did you like it.

Thanks in advance.

I bought one for myself last year. I had an old Dacor BC that had served me well and was still useful. (It was used by a friend from out of town this weekend)

But I digress, the PRO LT was a good price point, had integrated weight system (which is what I was really looking for) and my LDS had some rental ones that I could try out. It fits well, (we do plenty of shore diving with some long walks) the clips and d-rings haven't broken bent or otherwise disappointed. I dive with a HP119 which fits well and doesn't slip like my old Dacor.

It's nothing fancy, it just fits and works well.

The Pro LT is a great jacket style BC. It has everything you need at a good price point. It does not have a ton of bells and whistles, but it is certainly not lacking. We sell a lot of them and have them in our rental locker. We trust them enough to put our students in them. :)

The Pro LT looks like another solid BC from Aqualung. I used the ProQD for years in warm water, until the knife grommets ripped out (probably from an over-exuberant gear sherpa). I tried out the same model but with the i3 inflator. I have to say that I didn't like it; it was troublesome to always have to use the left hand to inflate/deflate. I'm glad to see the Pro LT with a normal inflator/deflator. The one thing I wish it had was the signature SeaQuest swivel shoulder strap releases.

Let us know how it works out!

Thanks for all the replies, this makes my decision much easier. I plan on purchasing the Pro LT. And I will let you know how it comes out.

Reecard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom