Aqualung/SeaQuest Black Diamond BCD - Used but in excellent condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Cool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am selling it for US$350. I will pay 50% of the shipping cost within Canada and CONUS. All other areas, shipping extra. Payment can be made via PayPal. This item is also listed in Craigslist (Vancouver BC).

Up for sale is a used back-inflate, integrated weight BCD called the Seaquest Black Diamond. It is the top of the line back-inflate BCD from SeaQuest. I have owned this BCD since August, 2007. I have bought it used from a local diver who has put in around 10 dives on it. I have put in around 10 dives on it ever since I owned it. So, this thing does not have a lot of dives on it. It is in very excellent condition and last serviced on June 2008 by my LDS. It has been stored using a BC hanger (not included) and partially inflated. I am very meticulous about my scuba gear. This BCD is rinsed and dried properly prior to storage. It is always stored partially inflated. It will include its ditchable weight pockets.

Lift Capacity: 50-lbs (lot of lift for cold-water diving)
Releasable Weight: Up to 35 lbs.
Trim (non-ditchable weight) Weight: Up to 10-lbs.

Sizing/Fitment:
Size: Large

Fits a diver with the following physical features:
Height: 5-ft.,10-in. to 6-ft.3-in.
Weight: 190 to 235-lbs.
Waist: 38-inches to 51-inches
Over the shoulder: 44 to 48 inches (Over the shoulder is measured from back waist level (over the shoulder) to front waist level.

Taken from the Aqualung website:
The Black Diamond BC is the do all, be all BC for the serious recreational diver. From Tec to Rec the Black Diamond will meet all of your demands and do it well. Designed to provide the comfort desired for daily diving and the features needed to take you over the edge, the Black Diamond is ideal for the diver who does it all.
Features:
Exclusive Sure Lock™ (patent pending) mechanical weight release system.
Rear-mounted non-releasable weight pouches hold a maximum of 10 lbs/4.5 kg of weight
Patented low-profile three dimensional air cell
Fully reinforced internal LDH plastic harness provides excellent support and load distribution.
Easy to use 2 inch (50mm) wide swivel buckles on shoulder improve fit and load support.
Self-adjusting Lumbar Support (SLS)
One large cargo pocket and two zippered security pockets
Right shoulder pull dump
Vertically adjustable chest strap
Multi-set waist adjustment that also accommodates optional 12" (30cm) waistband extensions
Rolled neoprene around the collar for added comfort
5 Large Stainless Steel D-Rings (4 on size small)
Over-molded carrying handle
Back pad lifts to expose double cylinder access holes
Contoured Backpack provides the needed stability even with the heaviest cylinders.
Patented Tank Traction System (TTS) ensures the tank is firmly attached to the BC
Two lower pull dumps allow for easy dumping of air if you prefer head first descents or when you are in the swimming position
Accessory attachment grommets allow for quick attachment of a Deep See knife (not included) directly to the BC
Webbing loops for optional crotch strap
Stainless Steel Jon line D-ring

Attachments

• BCD1.JPG
    BCD1.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 467
  • BCD2.JPG
    BCD2.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 247
  • BCD3.JPG
    BCD3.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 299