Aqualung squeeze on Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Svart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased that BC and that knife. The holes in the sheath of the squeeze are spaced liked the holes in the weight pockets of the hydros pro. But the screws provided with the knife are too short to mount it directly.

I saw the multimount plate for the hydros pro but I wonder if it will work with the sheath from the squeeze. I saw the post quoted below and from what I can see I am not sure it would work...

Does anyone have experience with this BC - knife combination?

Thanks in advance!

I recently installed this on my Hydros Pro. Reviewing the instructions that came with the knife (and the online version) do not really provide any help! The pictures in the instructions though, lead me to believe that there is another version of the sheath because it mentions cutting to make it work for mounting on webbing. That is NOT an option with the sheath that I received. The area to cut is solid and not the same design with a small "bridge" of plastic to be snipped off so that a webbing belt could slide through.

Anyway, for anyone else looking to do this. It is simple and just takes a few minutes of time. The Mako does come with its own mounting hardware. This probably works on other brands of BC as well as other SP models too as the mounting holes are a somewhat a standard width apart. You could even mount on the Hydros Pro with the provided mounting hardware that comes with the knife (see 1st pic, below the sheath is what comes with the knife). However I would not recommend doing this. 1) the screws are long and might interfere with the weight pouches; 2) you won't have the structural support that the Hydros Pro knife/accessory mount provides (see 1st pic, above the sheath).

I also bought a second sheath with no leg straps so that I can leave one sheath mounted on the Hydros Pro, and use the other sheath for the knife during transport etc. as I will carry-on the BCD but put the knife in checked luggage. For $10 or so I like it better than wrapping the knife etc.!

Pic 1: Hydros Pro knife/accessory kit above and lined up with the sheath and its included mounting hardware below
View attachment 526069

Pic 2: This is AFTER the leg straps have already been removed following the included instructions. Here you can clearly see that the 'rail' is solid and there's no "bridge" that could be snipped off to allow a webbing belt/harness to slide through.
View attachment 526070

Pic 3: lining up the optional (bought separately) knife/accessory mount for the Hydros Pro with the back side of the sheath
View attachment 526072

Pic 4: You NEED to be sure to use the included washer that comes with the accessory kit when using the Mako sheath, otherwise the screws are a little long
View attachment 526073

Pic 5: with the washer the spacing is good
View attachment 526074

Pic 6: Lined up and installed on the integrated weight pouches of the Hydros Pro
View attachment 526075

Pic 7: the screws pose no clearance issues with the knife
View attachment 526076

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased that BC and that knife. The holes in the sheath of the squeeze are spaced liked the holes in the weight pockets of the hydros pro. But the screws provided with the knife are too short to mount it directly.

I saw the multimount plate for the hydros pro but I wonder if it will work with the sheath from the squeeze. I saw the post quoted below and from what I can see I am not sure it would work...

Thanks in advance!

I had the same dilemma and ended up mounting the scubapro knife mount plate in reverse on the outside of the BCD and then securing the Squeeze with zip ties. It is neat and secure.
C318D600-FBA9-470D-A832-B2795DE5956F.jpeg

43040E45-4E1E-45A2-8D77-04CEF927BF27.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
The holes line up only for a Scubapro knife, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom