Aqualung's Legend series and Apek's ATX series the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Calvinator

Reaction score
Are Aqualung's Legend and Legend LX any different from Apek's ATX series? Besides outlooks, are they the same technically, feature, functions and performance wise? Aqualung's Legend series seem to be "quite a lot cheaper" Apeks' ATX series. Hope you guys here can clarify this. Anyway I own an Aqualung Legend LX here. Any replies, millions of thanks in advance.

Calvin.

Said to be basically the same regs, you probably couldn't discern any actual performance diff. without a breathing machine, but I'm sure a fan of Apeks will disagree. Also, Zeagle makes a reg. line that corresponds almost exactly to Apeks, making them about the same as well.

In the US, Apeks and Aqualung are both distributed by Aqualung but the Aqualung lineup is better promoted by the LDS' than Apeks. Worldwide, who can say why there would be a price diff., other than any local import/distributor issues. Aqualung is a French co. and Apeks is British so that may be an influence.

If you already own a Legend, why the question? I wouldn't try and substitute a service kit for one or the other and wouldn't assume that the ability to service one implies an ability for the other either. If you are happy with the Legend, don't worry about Apeks.

the legend first stage is based on the performance and design characteristics of the Apeks. And I am an apeks fan. Don't know where that came from. But anyways the legend is also overbalanced like the FSR/FST apeks first stages.
Zeagle is in fact the exact same as the Apeks. They could use the apeks kits if you are in a pinch although they are not officially recommended and I wouldn't do it. They will also perform the same. If you look it up, you will find that they are a little more similar to the older TX series of regs in their size.
That is funny about the price. The Legend is about $150 CDN more expensive than the 200. eitherway....

rescuediver009:
That is funny about the price. The Legend is about $150 CDN more expensive than the 200. eitherway....

Who distributes the Apeks in Canada? Could be a difference also because of British manufacture of Apeks and Commonwealth import issues.

yknot:
Who distributes the Apeks in Canada? Could be a difference also because of British manufacture of Apeks and Commonwealth import issues.
Negative, Aqualung also distributes in Canada. The only difference is they don't do suunto. Well they do but are not the first choice.

yknot:
If you already own a Legend, why the question? I wouldn't try and substitute a service kit for one or the other and wouldn't assume that the ability to service one implies an ability for the other either. If you are happy with the Legend, don't worry about Apeks.

I posted out his question to get your opinions on the "similar specs" on "different" brands. I happen to favour Apeks. But in my country, Malaysia, Aqualung is the only brand which I can get closest to Apeks, because the "so called" Apeks and Aqualung sole distributor only imports Aqualungs into the country, but no Apeks. It si also difficult to get Apeks' parts in Malaysia. Hence, servicing is also a problem.

Calvin.

Calvinator:
I posted out his question to get your opinions on the "similar specs" on "different" brands. I happen to favour Apeks. But in my country, Malaysia, Aqualung is the only brand which I can get closest to Apeks, because the "so called" Apeks and Aqualung sole distributor only imports Aqualungs into the country, but no Apeks. It si also difficult to get Apeks' parts in Malaysia. Hence, servicing is also a problem.

Calvin.
Well it is nice to see someone thinking for themselves for once and thinking ahead too for that matter (about parts). If you want the closest thing to the Apeks I would say it is zeagle, but they are even more localized in the US than Apeks, so yeah I would say that any Legend combo would be on the level playing field with Apeks.

rescuediver009:
Well it is nice to see someone thinking for themselves for once and thinking ahead too for that matter (about parts). If you want the closest thing to the Apeks I would say it is zeagle, but they are even more localized in the US than Apeks, so yeah I would say that any Legend combo would be on the level playing field with Apeks.

Thanks for reaasuring me... Anyways, there used to be a Zeagle distributor here in Malaysia. But, he didn't hold on to the brand for long due to lack of sales. Too bad. Hence, the best I can get in Malaysia is still a Legend LX! Hoorah! How satisfied am I!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom