Aquapix by Sea and Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdeb001

Contributor
Reaction score
I read about this camera on the Sea and Sea web site. It is supposed to be released at DEMA. It looks good. Anyone heard any discussion about it yet??? db

Thanks for the info ron. I think it looks pretty good. It was going to cost me about $500 just to get an Ikelie housing for my other camera so this looks like a better idea. db

An Ikelite housing may cost $500 but at least you can stuff in a 4 or 5 megapixel camera. I which Sea & Sea would have gone for more pixels. You can use the Aquapix above water but I don't think there's a zoom lens.

In short, I think their biggest customer for this camera will be dive operators presently renting MX10 cameras.

At first glance I thought this would be a good step up from my MX 10 rig. After looking at the website, it sounds like the telephoto switch is actually a digital zoom and I don't know what the wide angle button is for since this camera is supposed to be able to use the MX 10 20mm lens. I will probably get an Oly and a housing instead....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom