Aquion Pro Drysuit - Any experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadaddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have the chance to pick up a barely used Aquion Pro Drysuit for a price that is hard to refuse. I am trying to find some info on these suits but am getting limited results. From what I see on their website these are only sold in Europe?? Aside from their very basic website, I was able to find this:

http://www.divernet.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?id=4186&section=1005&action=display

Is anyone able to share their knowledge and/or experience with this product?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I haven't used one myself but despite the fact that they went out of business years ago you quite often see them in use in Europe. I believe they are especially common in Britain, so a visit to the forum at divernet.com might shed some light on your question.

In general the Aquion Pro suits are very well thought of and it's a pity they're out of business. If you see a newly made one, it's made by Typhoon who bought the Aquion name when they went out of business.

Thanks,

I posted on that site as well.

If the company is no longer in business, will I still be able to repair this suit if required? Or are seals/zippers/valves etc. interchangeable among different suits?

Seals, zippers and valves are interchangable. The Aquion Pro suit I've considered getting has modern low profile SI Tech valves and brand new zipper and seals. And repairing these suits should be no different than repairing other brands of "trilaminate" shell drysuits.

I’ve got a 20 year old Aquion dry suit. I had Trevor at aqua turtles Bristol fit new seals. The zip is still good and I fitted a new dump valve from AP Valves into the suit forearm.
I use a thinsulate under suit and thick socks and 5mm helmet. Keep warm and dry.

Back
Top Bottom