ARC Worth The Extra Money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For someone who's not bashing a product, there's a whole lot of product bashing going on.

I have two ARC Subframes and haven't had any issue with them and I like the brightness and clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no problems with scratching I assume? It is coated on the inside also right? Any issues with using defog on the ARC?

No issues with cleaning, defogging, scratching etc. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No issues with cleaning, defogging, scratching etc. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I've also had no issues with an anti reflective high def pair of goggles I own. The reason I replaced them is that they create at times a mirror effect and I don't like my dive buddies not being able to see my eyes. Eyes can also be a part of the non-verbal signalling/communication between buddies.

Hi all, I just joined. Needed a new mask searched best masks 2016 and decided on a venom arc mask. It had pretty good reviews so got one online last week. Tryed it out twice and both times it leaked. Did some more research and found they had leaking issues grrrrrr. Found how to identify age of my mask by the little round stamps on either side of the inside nose silicon. It's 11th month 2012. I'm waiting for the shop to reopen but wanted anyone's opinion please. I've tryed many masks over the years none have leaked on my face. Paid $360 NZD so much more than my mares x vision I had. I broke the glass on the mares so had to buy another mask. The Arc has great clarity and feels great but leaks every time. I tryed to see if the seals around the lens was dodgy but everything looks ok to me. Any other advise from you guys

I had an Atomic Arc Subframe that was a good mask but it put a tremendous amount of pressure right between my eyes. I switched to a Venom famrless and that problem has been solved. I dont really notice a differnce is the visibility between the ARC coated lense and the ultra white Schott glass of the frameless one. Both great masks. Scrub the hell out of them or they will for. I used the burn method on mine as it was the only thing that got rid of fogging.

Back
Top Bottom