Are dive computers bought through discount stores protected by warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Austin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just a quick question, i couldn't find it anywhere, are dive computers bought at leisurepro, divetank, etc. protected by the manufactuer's warranty? Is it generally smarter to buy them through authorized dealers? What if it is a good $300 discount? any help or advice would be appreciated. And i can't seem to find any online authorized suunto dealers selling vypers or cobras?

Its always a question of...what computer...and...what online store.

Best way to find out is go on line and find the phone number for the computer company you are interested in and call them and ask them directly if store X is an authorized dealer. Some on line stores are authorized....but i would say the majority are not.

rich

Austin:
Just a quick question, i couldn't find it anywhere, are dive computers bought at leisurepro, divetank, etc. protected by the manufactuer's warranty? Is it generally smarter to buy them through authorized dealers? What if it is a good $300 discount? any help or advice would be appreciated. And i can't seem to find any online authorized suunto dealers selling vypers or cobras?

Check www.scubatoys.com, www.scuba.com, www.scuba-equipment-usa, and many others including www.diverssupplyusa.com these are all authorized dealers who have full warranty and good pricing. divetank is also an authorized Canadian retailer and
www.leisurepro buys direct from many manufacturers.

I bought used Cobra on eBay

good price
cobra
quick disconnect
1st and 2nd stage Micra AquaLung Regs

Your better buying from LDS for warranty But I bought my big stuff computer,bc, apollo fins online

Soooo much cheaper and I got a Zeagle BC which most local shops don't carry

I really recommend scubatoys.com
leisurepro.com is where I buy stuff he don't carry

Using search is "teh win". This subject has been covered at length like eleventy-billion times.

That being said, call Larry at www.scubatoys.com he'll take good care of you and sell you a product that will be warrantied by the manufacturer.

Leisure pro says they offer there own warranty but what I did was I printed all the prices from leisure pro and called scuba.com and they matched the prices as long as leisure pro had it in stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom