Are there any GLBT divers/groups/clubs out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I say this is the friendliest board I've found.There are topics about various diving styles that get heated but as far as personal issues.I've seen everthing from alcoholics ,addicts,victims of spousal abuse,recently bereaved and a whole lot of other folks who normally would be susceptible to rude or contemptous behavior be treated only with respect and compassion.This to me is a G-rated board.Be aware that there are some very witty and intelligient divers here who will not hesitate to correct BS tho.

There is a GLBT scuba club here in San Francisco that I belong to and I'm straight. They are friendly, passionate about diving and they dive often. There are several straight members.

They meet close to my home so it was convenient for me, besides I want to dive with them, not sleep with them so who cares if they're gay.

Check their web site, they have links to other LGBT scuba orgs.

http://www.rainbowdivers.org

Lawman once bubbled...
Let this be a warning to you. ScubaBoard is a rough
place. ...
Take it from one of the 5 lawyers on the board. They never
let up...

OK, you've been warned. Welcome to ScubaBoard.:wacko:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
Why does sexual orientation mean that they are going to get a rough deal ... stop being a prat and find another thread to spread your inane drivel.

Welcome, I am a lesbian who joined a week ago. I belong to Raninbow Divers in SF. One of my first threads here was in the women's section regarding looking to connect with other lesbians. It got deleted because it became a target for many rude male posters. Take it easy.

P.S. I am thankful that I saw the problem in a thread here and that I was not stuck on an expensive dive boat with folks like that. .... and straight folks wonder why we like to be with our own kind (sigh)

i haven't read through the whole thread, thus not knowing if i'm repeating what was posted earlier.

I saw in a magazine, perhaps (now quite sure exactly where), about GLBT setting up their own get-away dive liveaboard trip to a nice destination. I'm not sure if it's strictly arranged for GLBT; perhaps if you're straight but do support open sexual orientation, then you're welcome.

I remember this one time being on a boat with a lesbian couple who went through scuba class and was on their first boat trip. People on the boat didn't mind exclusively to them.

The thing i enjoy most about being a scuba diver is that i am welcomed by other divers wherever i am. they are the most friendliest people that i'll ever meet. it's the whole bonding you get having a life passion coincide with others.

People should get to know and spend more time with GLBT people on live-aboards and dive boats to see how nice they are and abolish all the hostile thoughts regarding them.

Seems like it couldn't hurt anything and may help a lot of folks out. Who knows, maybe someday there'll be a GLBT DIR group.

We disagree on a lot of things here, argue like blazes over them too, BUT..... gender identity and orientation, are NOT on the list...

Welcome to the board,

Darlene

I went on one of the Diving for Life trips to Bonaire two years (I think it was 2 years) ago. I had a blast! I was also not the only straight diver in the group.

Plus, since it was a Diving For Life trip, part of the money I paid went to AIDS charities, a total bonus from my point of view.

Bob

I missed Diving For Life this year but hope to make it next time.

Anyone on the board make on the trip? I think the event just ended.

I just checked. Diving For Life ends Saturday 09/27/03. Maybe we can get a trip report from someone when they return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom