Are these Force Fin Pros?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inerspc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I’ve been diving since last year. I purchased all my own gear, which is easy until you get to the fins. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to try various fins through the generosity of my fellow dive instructors/divers. Pretty well much the same issues. Fins too heavy, too stiff, foot cramps, foot pain, etc. Been following Force Fins for some time on the scuba board so I decided to try a pair off of Ebay. They were advertised as Force Fin Pros but hard to tell if they are pros or regular. I’m going to give them a go in the pool first then take them out on my next dive. If they work out, I’ll purchase a larger pair direct from Bob’s site to wear with some soft soled boots I have. Any info on these will be much appreciated. Thanks
P_20160703_071137.jpg P_20160703_071259.jpg P_20160703_071220.jpg

The best way to tell is to check the tag on the heel strap. If they are Pros, the tag will say "Pro" on it. From the look and logo on the fins, I do not think they are Pros.

If the tag is gone, you almost have to have a pair of Originals and Pros side by side to compare, with the Pros being stiffer.

Hello,
I’ve been diving since last year. I purchased all my own gear, which is easy until you get to the fins. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to try various fins through the generosity of my fellow dive instructors/divers. Pretty well much the same issues. Fins too heavy, too stiff, foot cramps, foot pain, etc. Been following Force Fins for some time on the scuba board so I decided to try a pair off of Ebay. They were advertised as Force Fin Pros but hard to tell if they are pros or regular. I’m going to give them a go in the pool first then take them out on my next dive. If they work out, I’ll purchase a larger pair direct from Bob’s site to wear with some soft soled boots I have. Any info on these will be much appreciated. Thanks
View attachment 376769 View attachment 376770 View attachment 376771
interspc, Amazing..I personally made your pair of Force fin in Hermosa Beach, California during the Body Glove days 1981...Long story on the logo. Good chance they are at 86A which is the Original. Good to see they are still in good shape. Have fun and thanks TN. Best, bob

1981, Wow! Who knows the story of these fins. Talk about die-hards. Well, they're about to start a new chapter in Costa Rica. Thanks Bob for sharing. Happy 4th!

Back
Top Bottom