Are they paying the cops yet? Coz & Can

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looks like the warnings are still out there about going to Cozumel and Cancun. Who has been this month and will talk about their expierience. The State Dept web site has current warnings and strong warnings about the Texas border towns, over 30 U S citizens have been killed and kidnapped recently.

skeet:
Looks like the warnings are still out there about going to Cozumel and Cancun. Who has been this month and will talk about their expierience. The State Dept web site has current warnings and strong warnings about the Texas border towns, over 30 U S citizens have been killed and kidnapped recently.

I've been to Cozumel over 15 times and will be headed there in two weeks. My wife and I were there in January and April. We will be headed back in two weeks and she will be staying at our home there through August. I have been a police office for over 20 years and have found that if you look and act like a victim then chances are you will become one.

I passed on driving to Cozumel this summer just because of the potential problems on the mainland that you cited.

We have security bars on our windows and walls up around the property. We lock our doors and take precautions just like in a big city and so far so good. I know my neighbors and they know me. Unlike the mainland there is considerably less violence and drug traffic in Cozumel.

I have read in the local paper about drug dealers being arrested. With all the cruise ship traffic in Cozumel each week it is there. I'm personally very comfortable traveling and staying in Cozumel. If I hadn't there would have been no way that I would have bought a house there. When we're down for a week or two we hear very few sirens.

Read the Cozumel board, under the North America topic.
I just got back from Coz, and have been down to the Yucatan for 6 straight years, now. I have never encountered any problems at all.

I have been living in mexico for the last 15 years. if you go looking for trouble you will find it. most people get into problems over drugs, *****s and Drinking to much. Dont go into areas that promote Drug sales and ladies of the night.If oyu are stoped for traffic violations. They are not very costley better to pay them at the police station. drinking fines are About the same fine as in The U.S. so take a taxi to and from the bars.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom