Are transmitters interchangeable across brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yupito

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking about buying new computer but don’t want to buy transmitter unnecessarily.

Have Oceanic Atom 2.0 (aging myself here]. Not sure what to get, but given your answer probably stay with Oceanic.

Have Oceanic Atom 2.0 (aging myself here]. Not sure what to get, but given your answer probably stay with Oceanic.
Oceanic, AquaLung, Shearwater.
If you MUST have some other brand you'll find that it is very easy to sell your current transmitter.

Ohh Wow. Did not know that Shearwater was an option. Thank you. Do you know if age makes any difference in terms of firmware?

No difference.

Ohh Wow. Did not know that Shearwater was an option. Thank you. Do you know if age makes any difference in terms of firmware?
Should be no problem. As long as the transmitter has MH8A on it, it will work with the PPS brands listed above. There is also a sticky at the top of this forum with a complete list of which brands work with PPS and which use proprietary transmitters.

For the record, I’m using the transmitter that came with my Oceanic VT4.1 with my SW Perdix AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom