Peregrine AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tern TX, Teric, and Perdix all currently come with a bundled Swift for $100 off.

An air integrated Peregrine makes sense, it would fill out Shearwater's current line up with a watch style and console style for everyone, covering the entire price range from $550-$1470:

Tern $650
Tern TX $775, $1075 with bundled Swift
Teric $1170, $1470 with bundled Swift
Peregrine $550
Peregrine TX $675, $975 with bundled Swift
Perdix $1165, $1465 with bundled Swift

Of course, I made this up :)

Off by a mere $25. Impressive!!

Love their stuff, but I've had nothing but bad luck (timing) with SW.

Purchased a Petrel 1 and within a month the Petrel 2 came out (compass feature added). Mine was the old hardware, not upgradeable...

Perdix came out, replacing the Petrel, but no AI

So I waited a bit, and got the Perdix AI, only to have them come out with the watch sized Teric PDC almost immediately after - though it isn't really overly desirable to me being watch sized, there were some features...

Fast forward, I got Peregrine computers for the wife and daughter. Wanted AI and compass, but it was nowhere on the horizon. Perdix AI too costly...

Then the new Tern TX comes out, but I'm not really in the mood for the cost with 2 Peregrines here. Also really like the larger form factor screen of the Peregrine. But, still desired AI and probably the compass for at least the daughter. Wife uses a console mounted Peregrines with a SPG and a compass in it.

Now the Peregrine comes out with AI....

The perfect DC for them....

I've sunk too much money already....

Petrel 1
2x Perdix AI
2x Peregrine

Shearwater, love/hate....

:banghead:

Purchased a Petrel 1 and within a month the Petrel 2 came out (compass feature added). Mine was the old hardware, not upgradeable...

So I waited a bit, and got the Perdix AI, only to have them come out with the watch sized Teric PDC almost immediately after - though it isn't really overly desirable to me being watch sized, there were some features...

Fast forward, I got Peregrine computers for the wife and daughter. Wanted AI and compass, but it was nowhere on the horizon. Perdix AI too costly...

Then the new Tern TX comes out, but I'm not really in the mood for the cost with 2 Peregrines here. Also really like the larger form factor screen of the Peregrine. But, still desired AI and probably the compass for at least the daughter. Wife uses a console mounted Peregrines with a SPG and a compass in it.

Petrel 1
2x Perdix AI
2x Peregrine

It’s just money, stop dragging your feet:wink:

At least the prices keep dropping.

Petrel 1
2x Perdix AI
2x Peregrine

So you hate them for innovating? :cool:

One thing you forgot to mention is that they hold their resale value well. Every SW I've sold, I've gotten over 50% (don't recall exactly) of the original purchase price. It makes upgrading less painful.

But with that said, I currently own a Perdix 2 Ti, Perdix AI and a Peregrine. The Peregrine is my backup to my backup. So I'm with you ... I'm all set for now and don't intend to buy one.

Always someone looking for the prior model from someone trading up to the new release.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom