Perdix AI v Teric v Garmin MK3i - Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's wrong with Hooksett and NH? I am with you that Shearwater has some product issues but, what wrong with NH? most folks I know and grew up with here will help anyone anytime.

John
Not the place I left in 2002... it has changed ( that is what I am mentioning ) and as for "help" the days I remember are gone same with the stories told by my cousins..
I would spend my time in manchester at the firing line working the kinks out of my 2A gear because diving was not a option.
When it comes to diving [ I know my place is high current, heavy salt, waves and Temp above 55 degrees ( preferably 68 and higher so I do not need the wetsuit ) ]
I am not the find a cave or do limited viz in a lake not one for dark cold freshwater Frozen Lakes and Icebergs that is out of my wheelhouse.
I know if I decided to do any of that wild diving I would need to start from Zero because every new location is a beginner dive be it your 100th or 100000th dive you do not know what you do not know add to that elevation/temp/salinity/current/surge/etc... the risk is outweighs the reward...

The 2~3 years were eyeopening [the local pub is a thing] and Manchester NH I spoke more french there than growing up in Miami after leaving Quebec add to that no scuba between NH/MA.. had to wait until I was in Japan before I could hit good water again.
I may have opinions just like everyone else... I stick to my experiences.. I can now understand why in the 70's my parents left New England never to return... it only took me 2~3 years living up there to figure it out.. and I have about 60 1st cousins in Mass and NH from Revere beach / Chelsea up to Sherwood / Canobie lake.. I go up for weddings and funerals that is about it.. my options are simple Stay in fla or back in Pac Rim but within a hours ride to water..
In short I did not mean to push harm...

Really like the Perdix AI. Pretty easy interface. Very easy to read in the water. Very intuitive. It’s customizable which is nice. It has more features than I need, but sometimes more is better! :)
I can respect that 100% we each have needs and preferred systems [ ] screen size etc are a given ... my gripe is 1000% on the fact I cannot do a serial dump of the data without jumping through hoops ... now on my next jaunt to Asia I am working a better gas change system out with mfg companies in Taipei. Biggets problem I have seen since October is ease of task loading under stress around gas change and PO2 monitoring [more accurately] think of it as a more granular method to monitor

Not the place I left in 2002... it has changed ( that is what I am mentioning ) and as for "help" the days I remember are gone same with the stories told by my cousins..
I would spend my time in manchester at the firing line working the kinks out of my 2A gear because diving was not a option.
When it comes to diving [ I know my place is high current, heavy salt, waves and Temp above 55 degrees ( preferably 68 and higher so I do not need the wetsuit ) ]
I am not the find a cave or do limited viz in a lake not one for dark cold freshwater Frozen Lakes and Icebergs that is out of my wheelhouse.
I know if I decided to do any of that wild diving I would need to start from Zero because every new location is a beginner dive be it your 100th or 100000th dive you do not know what you do not know add to that elevation/temp/salinity/current/surge/etc... the risk is outweighs the reward...

The 2~3 years were eyeopening [the local pub is a thing] and Manchester NH I spoke more french there than growing up in Miami after leaving Quebec add to that no scuba between NH/MA.. had to wait until I was in Japan before I could hit good water again.
I may have opinions just like everyone else... I stick to my experiences.. I can now understand why in the 70's my parents left New England never to return... it only took me 2~3 years living up there to figure it out.. and I have about 60 1st cousins in Mass and NH from Revere beach / Chelsea up to Sherwood / Canobie lake.. I go up for weddings and funerals that is about it.. my options are simple Stay in fla or back in Pac Rim but within a hours ride to water..
In short I did not mean to push harm...
Too bad about the experiences, I have traveled extensively been deployed still love coming home. Still don't worry about locking doors, that said, I definitely would lo in Manchester and Hooksett. The population\ the population has changed pretty dramatically in my lifetime. The last time I looked NH was 49% native vs non native. Not necessarily a bad thing but, some of the small state feel has been lost.

Back
Top Bottom