Arenui cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hook

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are celebrating our 40th anniversary. We want to try Indonesia. She has found a liveaboard, Arenui, she is interested in booking. Any experience with this boat? We're semi-experienced and pretty active in diving. Any input would be appreciated. It's our first try at Indonesia and a liveaboard.

Hook

I agree, arenui looks a stunning boat. I visited their stand at a dive show and was very impressed. Thor amor downside is that they were fully booked for the foreseeable future. I did not want to wait 18 months before going to Indonesia. I subsequently dived on Komodo dancer and indo siren.

The link below is a compare/contrast trip report I wrote. It might have some useful info for you.

Whichever vessel you book, I hope you enjoy your trip. I have done 3 Indonesia lobs and all have been wonderful.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/indonesia/428427-komodo-trip-report-dancer-v-siren.html

One of the better boats out there. Have not been on it myself, but a couple of friends were on it last year and raved. A couple of other boats to take a look at are Damai and Dewi Nusantara - formerly Paradise Dancer. I have been on both of these boats and both are excellent. Arenui would be my third choice, but only by a very small margin.

This is if not the best boutique boat in Indonesia, at least one of the best. The Damai I and Damai II equal in service but a couple of divers smaller. The fact that I am booking 2014 charters on the Arenui with most of 2013 full attests to the quality. What dates are you looking for as I have some spots in May 2013 on the Arenui to Komodo discounted $2000pp. I can also offer a lesser discount on a trip in August 2014. With international airfare, hotels, domestic airfare in Indonesia, charter, port and fuel charges, gratuitities, etc, this is usually an $10,000 pp trip.

Back
Top Bottom