Arenui, lovely time, marvelous trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hook

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I asked some time ago if using the Arenui was a good way to go for a trip to Indonesia for our 40th anniversary. We hadn't been there or ever been on a liveaboard. We got several positive responses, including some PMs from judyg that helped calm my wife's concerns over the rigors of some of the Indonesian diving. You guys were ever so right. I don't believe we could have had a better time. Amazing Adventures Travel set us up for the lines and jet lag with a couple days in a beautiful small motel, we had seamless connections going and coming. The VIP visa service was really worth it! We were prepared for the baggage fees and the airport taxes. The only hitch we had was that Lion Air didn't get our luggage right away from Denpasar. The Arenui had gear we could use until it arrived so we were in the water the first day. The crew there was top notch all the way. We spent every sunrise on the top deck and never wanted for a hot cup of coffee to go with it. The food was marvelous. The cruise directors and DM's planned safe dives and allowed us to dive the profiles we wanted (provided they were safe). With 15 people and 4 leaders, the groups of four were easy and comfortable to enjoy. We dove currents but we had discussed them and we felt prepared for each dive. The cruise directors, captain, crew and DM's all worked around the weather to provide excellent dives sites that the divers wanted to try. Eat, dive, sleep? Every day. The entire crew was friendly and we enjoyed the onshore excursions that allowed us to see a little of the different islands we dove around. The experienced liveaboard divers onboard cautioned us that the Arenui would spoil us for other liveaboards. Consider us spoiled. If you have any questions, PM me, but you're not going to hear negatives. It was really super.

Thanks again

hook

Thanks for the trip report! What was your itinerary?

Our trip was the Alor-Komodo trip, 13 nights, leaving from Labuanbajo and ending at Maumere. I figured if you're going that far, take the two week dive portion.

hook

Thanks for writing this up. Great data point! I'm looking at Aggressor and White/Black Manta. I hadn't heard of Arenui...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom