argh!!! Whats your fav rum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like cheap Virgin Islands rum...drinking it right now! When I go to Key Largo, I always stop at Denny's (MM 100) and get this rum with a sea plane on the label. I don't know what it's called, but it's supposed to be made in Islamorada.

Another vote for Pyrat. Zaya is good too.

The best I have ever had is Appleton Estates from Jamaica

Attachments

• home_img.jpg
    home_img.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 33
socaldiver:
The best I have ever had is Appleton Estates from Jamaica

Bro you beat me to it

We did a taste test last year. 5 rums. Zaya, Pyrat, A Cuban rum, Bacardi Anejo, and Appleton. The Bacardi and Appleton tied for last. The Zaya, Pyrat and Cuban tied for first.

MSilvia:
Sailor Jerry is the best spiced rum I've tried... it's smoother, stronger, tastier, and usually cheaper than Capt. Morgan, which after converting to Sailor Jerry I now consider swill unfit for consumption.

As an added bonus, each bottle of Sailor Jerry comes with a piece of Sailor Jerry's classic tattoo flash behind the label on the back of the bottle.

http://sailorjerry.com/rum/

For dark rum, it's Goslings... the only way to make a proper dark & stormy.

I don't really have a favorite light rum, although I sometimes uses Bacardi 151 for tinctures. I'm definately open to suggestions on that front.

Yeah a few weeks back i tryed to order some sailor jerry rum online (local stores dont have it) and it screwed up at the checkout and said it would cost $1000 and i just left it at that. Everyone i hear that has tryed sailor jerry keeps saying it blows alot of the other rums out of the water.

Flor de Cana Especial - 25 yr. (Nicaragua) or
Rhum Barbancourt - Reserve du Domaine - 15 yr. (Haiti)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom