Argon tank mounting

What method of argon tank mounting do you use?

• webbing loop and shock cord attached to BP

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • cam straps attached to back gas tank

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • like canister light but in left hand side of waist belt

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a piece of webbing down on the bottom hole of my plate with a piece of bungee holding it in place. The center hole made it too difficult to get in and out of the rig.

I used to have it on the left side, ala Georgie (the wreck argon style), but the bottle hung down funny, and was *much* more difficult to remove, which is, ironically, the problem it was trying to solve.

Tank mounted argon is really only necessary for cave diving where a large (14cft) bottle is needed. Otherwise, it is just a line trap.

i just got the dive rite set up, it blows.

boomx5:
I use the 6cuft Halcyon straps mounted on the plate.
Same here ... for now ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

boomx5:
I use the 6cuft Halcyon straps mounted on the plate.

Ditto. The two straps hold the tank firmly in place and just low enough so that the tank valve does not interfere with the rear dump.

Expensive but worth it IMO

I only use one strap and a piece of bungee on mine. Half the cost :wink: No problem with reaching the rear dump.

CALI68:
Ditto. The two straps hold the tank firmly in place and just low enough so that the tank valve does not interfere with the rear dump.

Expensive but worth it IMO

Dan Gibson:
No problem with reaching the rear dump.

Great but that's not what I meant. :)

What I meant was it's not mounted so HIGH that I can't reach the rear dump. If you use the two straps and mount it too high then the valve/reg becomes a major factor in reaching the rear dump. If it mounted low (one strap) then the valve is way out of the way which is cool but I just hate the way it flops around with that low mounting.

-Chris

I use a 6 cu. ft. bottle with a reg that screws directly into the cylinder and eliminates the valve. Very clean and no bulk. I have two hose clamps holding a piece of webbing so the cylinder slides onto my waiste strap. I put it on my left side next to my light battery cylinder. I use if for cave diving on deep and long dives with plenty of gas as long as I purge the suit with my primary cylinder that I use to fill the 6 cu. ft. one.

I bought the set up from Joel and got very good prices. Here is his web site http://www.techdivinglimited.com/

Bobby

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom