Argon vs Air in dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't say these were MY views on argon. Just passing on the conclusions of the study. I wouldn't just pick up an unknown bottle and dive with it, no matter what size, but then I wouldn't bother loading a 6CF as a pony. I DO think though, that's it is somewhat irresponsible to carry a cylinder with a standard K valve and anything but air in it, without clearly labelling it.

Groundhog246:
I didn't say these were MY views on argon. Just passing on the conclusions of the study. I wouldn't just pick up an unknown bottle and dive with it, no matter what size, but then I wouldn't bother loading a 6CF as a pony.
I didnt think you would....thats why your not stupid!

Groundhog246:
I DO think though, that's it is somewhat irresponsible to carry a cylinder with a standard K valve and anything but air in it, without clearly labelling it.
Yes....it is irresponsible. But your still smart enough to leave it alone. And remember this, if its not your tank and you havent recently verified its contents then you have no guarantee of whats in it. I had a buddy who was doing a trimix dive and he had the tanks mixed and verified while he was standing there. The tanks were then labelled and taken home a day or two before the dive. This was a deep dive and he had several mixes with differing O2 percentages. While on the dive at a very deep depth he realized something wasn't quite right. He ascended to much shallower depths and ended the dive. Upon surfacing, the mixes were tested and found to be labelled wrong. He finally found out what had happened. A few of his non-diving friends thought they would play a joke on him and while at his house they switched the labels on him! They had no idea the seriousness of what they had just done. Its a good thing the diver sensed something wasnt right and ended the dive or he could have suffered from oxygen toxicity and this story would have had a very different ending.
But then those "techies" are nuts and they wouldnt have these problems if they would just stick to air and stay within recreational limits!
:wink:

And Steve......what kind of moron would go for a dive and forget his drysuit at home?
:34:

Hey..heres me and Mike discussing the "team" concept... :argue:

SoScuba:
And Steve......what kind of moron would go for a dive and forget his drysuit at home?
:34:

Hey..heres me and Mike discussing the "team" concept... :argue:

It was a classic debate :34:

SoScuba:
A few of his non-diving friends thought they would play a joke on him and while at his house they switched the labels on him! They had no idea the seriousness of what they had just done.
Are they still friends? Because with friends like that, who needs enemies. Glad to hear it had a happy ending (other than messing up his dive trip).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom