aries atmos 2 OR tusa sca-343

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheBeak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
looking to get a first nitrox capable computer, but dont really want to have to upgrade next week.

which one of these two, or chime in on one i should really be looking at.

aries atmos 2

or

tusa sca 343

there is a significant price diffrence between the two, and naturally id love to spend less.

Can't comment on the Tusa, but I own the Aeris Atmos 2, and have had no problems with the computer itself. Its easy to read underwater, and takes very little time to learn how to make it do all its tricks. Haven't used the nitrox function yet, but it seems really straight forward. Its a good, decent computer for the price (my opinion).

If one of the things you're looking to do is download to a PC, the Atmos program took a LITTLE finagling to get it to work properly. So be warned there.

I've never used either one, but Aeris is the sister of Oceanic and I love Oceanic gear. I have 2 Oceanic computers and they work great.

I have no idea if the Atmos 2 is the current offering or not from Aeris. But it also doesn't need to be the latest and greatest computer to work well either.

The thing that pops out at me about the TUSA is that the SPG and computer are on opposite sides of the console. It might not be a big deal to many folks, but turning it over 15 or 20 times per dive would make me crazy.

Also, if you're interested in downloading your dive data to your PC, the TUSA computer has to be removed from the console to do so.

Did you know that ScubaToys has the Atmos 2 on sale?

Atmos 2 is not the current offering, but I had one in March and it is easy to use and read underwater. Scubatoys had them for e real good price. Plus you get 10% off

saw the scubatoys price, thats what got my gears turning when i thought i had made up my mind.

great point on the tusa, hadnt thought about the flip factor..

TheBeak:
great point on the tusa, hadnt thought about the flip factor..

I'm lazy, so those are the sort of things that stand out to me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom