Arrowsmith

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakevinp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went diving 27 miles SE off the coast of Isla Mujeres to a place called Arrowsmith. 3 dives, 100 feet, ripping currents, tons of fish, turtles, couple of sharks, 1 dolphin and lots of huge lobsters. This is my big adventure dive and it was awesome. Tonda, Enrique and me. I am lucky that Tonda (my wife) loves diving just like me.

Hey that sounds great who did you go with because its pretty wild. I don't know many who dive there.

I went there with ecodiving tours who I am working for as a DM and some people from amigos de sian ka´an to search for new dive sites, how did you find your sites because its a huge place. We used a fisherman and towed him on a line while he was looking. Sounds like you had some awesome dives the biggest thing we saw was a midnight parrottfish. What were the coral formations like?

You are not kidding the current is strong wow.
regards
Jamie

We went 2 years ago with local fishermen, they know the spots. These guys are spear fishermen and knew many good spots. We marker the spots with GPS so this year we did not use them. My good friend Enrique, who owns Enrique's Unique Dives, sets the trip up for us. There is another place we go called Picos (the Hills) which is also far away, it is really good also and deep, 150 feet.
I always love the summers here because we can go to the far spots. We are coming back in August for 17 days and hopefully can have another big trip.
We are going back to Texas in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom