Article on CNN about lobsters and their "pain"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have about as much concern for a lobster's pain as I do for a mosquito's. Maybe less... mosquitos don't taste as good.

I'm probably just jaded from having worked as a prep cook in a seafood restaurant. We'd occasionally get big orders for functions, and baked stuffed lobster was pretty popular. By the third or fourth time you pull the claws off 150 live lobsters, split them down the middle, and pack them with stuffing while they continue to twitch, it stops bothering you when they get dropped headfirst into boiling water instead.

It's good if they don't suffer, but sometimes it hurts to die. If it really bothers you, have a piece of fruit instead.

Crap... now I'm hungry. :11ztongue

Beam me up Scotty - Topics are getting thin down here. :D

ovni2.gif

Ahhh the luck to be at the top of the food chain....
It's kind of like the luck to win the world powerball domination lottery and be born in america....

I add a couple cans of beer to their water five minutes before they go into the pot. Does a couple of things. Adds great flavor, and seriously mellows them out. They go into the pot no, squirming, no thrashing, like a drunk getting into a hot tub. A few cans in the boiling water helps with the flavor as well.

I warm them on the barBQ, with butter and aaaaahhhhh :07:

I just make sure that I put an equal number of male and female lobsters in the pot at the same time. I tell them its a swingers hot tub social, and they go in with no problem. They are so busy trying to hook up that they don't realize they are cooking until its too late.:evil:

Study: Thumb in crusher claw causes much pain in humans

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom