Aruba dive boat/shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammer5

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to go down to Aruba this April,

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for Dive Shops/boats. I'm a diver, but the wife isn't figure I might be able to get her into one of these intro scuba dives; so I'm looking for a shop that may be able to accommodate both of us. I figure I'll be doing mostly single morning tank dives, but have heard some horror stories about some dive operators in Aruba. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

hi,
There are several posts about the different dive shops and operators. Search "aruba" and lots of information on diving is available. Jads is great, JP (owner) does several things to make each dive special in some way. Small personal touch diving with groups of four or less divers for shore diving, six or less, for boat dives with a captain,an assistant,an guide. Mermaids, are very nice people(also family owned) but they are more of the group dive shop they have lots of dives( several a day)and are very cheap, however you are on your own and it is not uncommon for them to have 25 divers on a dive. My first with Mermaids was 18 divers and 26 the second vs JP/jads 4 on the first dive and 5 divers the second. JP/jads books up early, hope this helps. I did not have enough time to try the other operators> :shakehead:

When i was in aruba i dove with Unique Sports. I would highly recommend them to anybody. Top notch instructors and service. Great boats and sites. I did my AOW with them and they were great. PM me with any questions

hammer5,
welcome to this board.
my son went with redsail for his ''resort course'' and had alot of fun.
i went with clive.
Dive Aruba - Scuba Classes, Dive Trips and Equipment Rentals
he will pick you up at your resort, fast boat, small groups and will allow you to dive your computer.
you will enjoy your holiday on aruba.
regards,

I'll always throw my vote to Clive at Dive Aruba !:wink:

When I went to Aruba, I decided to go with Clive Paula at Dive Aruba based on recomendations I read on SB. I was very happy with my choice. Clive has a small six-pack boat so you won't get lost in the herd. He's a great dive guide. He let's everyone dive at their own level and sets no time limits. In short, I second everything Smokey Braden said. You gotta dive with Clive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom