Aruba = Dive Op recommondation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at the same hotel. I used Jads a few months ago.

* You will be picked up at the hotel each day by a van
* You will be dropped off by the same van unless you want to rent a car and drive yourself
* Their dive shop is no where near where the boat leaves (most boat trips are from the airport area)
* You have to haul your gear back and forth each day and dry it in your room/balcony
* They have a tendency to underfill tanks (2200, 2600. 2700) check before you leave the dock
* You can shore dive from their shop if you want or other areas they recommend
* Most dives are drift
* Most boat rides are 5-10 minutes
* The crew is very nice
* The boat is small but not packed like sardines

It's been a couple of years, but Private Diving, located within an easy walk from the Marriott is the op to dive with! If there's two of you, their price is comparable to the big cattle boats. They also cater to your requests and makes sure you really enjoy your dive. Have fun!

I was there last year and dove with Jads and Clive (divearuba). I preferred diving with Clive. Jads is your typical dive op. They will have divers of all levels on their boat and will cater to the beginners. Clive caters towards the advanced more independent divers and will give you 60mins of bottom time on almost every dive. He has a small boat and only takes a max of 7 divers on each trip so make sure to book early. I'd strongly recommend Clive over Jads.

Yes, Clive will pick you up at the Marriott. We picked up people from the high rise and low rise area.

I dive at Clive's every time I am there. 6 times this year so far. I love my work. Send me to Islands and make me work in the PM....

I dove 2 days with Clive last week and will definitely be dving with him again next year when we go to Aruba again. I had some great dives and Clive does a great job.
BTW...he does pick up at the Marriott.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom