Aruba Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Duffer

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search of this forum for Red Sail in Aruba and only found a small amount of comments, most of them negative. We are planning a last minute trip to Aruba this weekend for a week. We have 2 hotels to choose from - The Holiday Inn and the Allegro. We were leaning towards the Allegro and were going to use Red Sail as they are located at that hotel. Option 2 is the Holiday Inn and Pelican is located there.

We would like to get an unlimited package as we usually do around 15+ dives in a week. Both these operators have them. I read comments that Red Sail may have problems when the cruise ships are in port. We actaully dove with them while in Aruba on a cruise ship. We had a great time with them and found them to be a good op.

My question is this. Has anyone dove with them for a full week? If so, what happens when the cruise ships are in? Do they use one boat for the people on the island and the other for the cruise shippers? What about Pelican? Do they cater to the cruisers too?

Even though we are avid cruisers, we stay away from cruisers when on a dive vacation. Typically, they are brutal divers that spend the entire trip bumping into you and the reefs. We do dive with the cruiser while on a ship (yeah I know your better off booking yourself once in port - BUT - we know if anything goes wrong - that ship isn't leaving without us if we booked through the boat).

These 2 ops where the top choice because they are located right at the hotels and that is a big convenience. I also looked at Dive Aruba based on other recommendations but ruled them out as they do not have an unlimited dive package.

Scuba Duffer:
I did a search of this forum for Red Sail in Aruba and only found a small amount of comments, most of them negative. We are planning a last minute trip to Aruba this weekend for a week. We have 2 hotels to choose from - The Holiday Inn and the Allegro. We were leaning towards the Allegro and were going to use Red Sail as they are located at that hotel. Option 2 is the Holiday Inn and Pelican is located there.

We would like to get an unlimited package as we usually do around 15+ dives in a week. Both these operators have them. I read comments that Red Sail may have problems when the cruise ships are in port. We actaully dove with them while in Aruba on a cruise ship. We had a great time with them and found them to be a good op.

My question is this. Has anyone dove with them for a full week? If so, what happens when the cruise ships are in? Do they use one boat for the people on the island and the other for the cruise shippers? What about Pelican? Do they cater to the cruisers too?

Even though we are avid cruisers, we stay away from cruisers when on a dive vacation. Typically, they are brutal divers that spend the entire trip bumping into you and the reefs. We do dive with the cruiser while on a ship (yeah I know your better off booking yourself once in port - BUT - we know if anything goes wrong - that ship isn't leaving without us if we booked through the boat).

These 2 ops where the top choice because they are located right at the hotels and that is a big convenience. I also looked at Dive Aruba based on other recommendations but ruled them out as they do not have an unlimited dive package.

Red Sail Sports package is NOT unlimited. They say they are, but when I asked for it, the guy was like - well you'll be lucky to get 10 dives in. So I bought 10 dives, 3 of which got cancelled and then you can't reschedule cuz all the other dates are booked full. DO NOT DIVE WITH RSS. Seriously, type my name in a search and read my posts about how strongly I dislike them. They are the worst operator I have ever dove with. If you choose too, don't whine, I told you so!

Back
Top Bottom