Aruba - Red Sail Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We dove with Clive at Dive Aruba, he will pick you up at your front entrance of the Hotel in both high rise and low rise areas. I agree with Kendallpg if you have a good sac rate Clive will let you finish your dive, also he only takes max six divers and is one of the best ops on the Island.

The Fourth Element Thermoclines should be fine for the water temps there. Basically a 2.5 mm suit right ? Depending on how cold you get(or not) you might be too warm. I dive with a 3mm full Bare Velocity when I am tropical. I am comfortable with that and I also like the skin protection of a full suit. I dove in October with a couple of guys who wore nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. Bring the Fourth Element and give it a try.

When I dove in Cozumel last, the going rate for tipping the Dive master/boat crew was anywhere from $ 10-20 for a two tank dive trip. I think I split the difference and gave $15 per day. I dove 5 days and paid them at the end. The dive master then splits up the pooled tips with the crew.

Brilliant, thanks Bill that's exactly the info I was after! You're right about the Thermoclines being a 2.5mm equivalent, I've got both the vest and full sleeves, so will start with just the vest with normal swimmers & take it from there. With your tipping rule of thumb I think I'm all set - just another week & 3 days to go!!

I'm going Aruba in february 2013. Wondering what dive ops let you take a tank or two if you wan't to do some dive's on your own after their day dives?
Also looking for a buddy to join these dives (2/1-2/2 and 10/2-11/2).

I'm going Aruba in february 2013. Wondering what dive ops let you take a tank or two if you wan't to do some dive's on your own after their day dives?
Also looking for a buddy to join these dives (2/1-2/2 and 10/2-11/2).

I'll ask Clive at Dive Aruba next week and let you know when I'm back...

I just got back on Monday. Had 6 great dives. Very windy in Aruba so the surface conditions were tough. I chose to dive with my snorkel for that reason. Visibility was ok, depending on the depth. Maybe 75 feet on some reefs ? Water temp was anywhere from 75-77, so a little cool. I wore a full 3/2 and was comfortable. Dove with Clive on one day and Red Sail on the others. Clive definitely likes to maximize bottom time. Nice guy, small boat, good experience. My favorite dive was Planco Reef.

I work with Diveversity when I am there. They are close to the high rise area. I wouldn't recommend taking tanks out because most of the things that are worth diving are a boat ride out. There is baby beach and mangoalto [sp], but there isn't much to see. Every thing else is a pretty long surface swim. I would recommend sticking with someone. I know the guys at Diveversity will rent tanks as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom