Ascend speed for Helo2 in m/min

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilosDj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Suunto Helo2 has ascend bar and some dots on right side.
Does anyone know what dot represents what ascend speed (meter per min)?

The information on the ascent rate graph seems to be absent in the Helo2 manual, but from the Vyper manual the graph segments are as follows:

No segment = Below 4 m/min / 13 ft/min
One segment = 4–6 m/min / 13–20ft/min
Two segments = 6–8 m/min / 20–26ft/min
Three segments = 8–10m/min / 26–33ft/min
Four segments = 10–12m/min / 33–39ft/min
Four segments, the SLOW segment, blinking depth reading, the STOP sign and an audible alarm = Above 12 m/min / 39 ft/min or continuously 10m/min / 33 ft/min

"The ascent rate is displayed graphically along the right hand side with a vertical bar. When the maximum allowed ascent rate is exceeded, the fifth SLOW warning segment and the STOP sign appear and the depth reading starts to blink, indicating that the maximum ascent rate has been
exceeded continuously or that the current ascent rate is significantly above the allowed rate.

When the maximum allowed ascent rate is exceeded the fifth SLOW warning segment and the
STOP sign appear and the depth reading starts to blink indicating that the maximum ascent rate
has been exceeded continuously or that the ascent rate is above the allowed maximum rate.
Whenever the SLOW warning segment and the STOP sign appear, you should immediately
slow down your ascent. When you reach the depth zone between 6m to 3m / 20 ft to 10 ft, the
STOP and CEILING depth labels will advise you to make a Mandatory Safety Stop. Wait until the warning disappears. You should not ascend shallower than 3 m/10 ft with the Mandatory Safety
Stop warning on."

Hope this helps.

-Z

Thanks! That is helpful.

I have this info from suunto:

Approximately, each dot is 2m/min. Most probably, the last dot does mean you are already above 10m.

Each additional dot/segment represents approximately a 2m/min change from the previous one shown. When ascending no dots/segments = an ascent rate of less than 4m/min.

When I first started diving with a suunto computer (Vyper 2) I tried to keep the dots/segments to a minimum (zero to 1) until I gave that computer to my oldest daughter and bought Vypers for myself, my wife, and youngest. When I read through the Vyper manual and found the chart I changed my paradigm to try to maintain 2-3 dots/sements during ascent.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom