Ascent Rate Alarm - Citizen Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-n-Buoyant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can the ascent rate alarm on the Citizen Aqualand - (1.5m) 5ft/10sec - be disabled? I've read the owner's manual and cannnot find any reference to being able make changes to this alarm.

The rate is measured differently than my computer which I prefer to be the default.

Thanks
B-n-B

No, i don't think it can
I've got the JP1010e and i can't find a function to turn it off there
Surely it's not annoying you? You wouldn't be ascending faster than that

Not according to the manual.
“The dive alarm is canceled and the ascent rate alarm stops sounding when the ascent rate falls below ascent rate alarm rate. (30fpm)”
In other words, don't go up so fast.:wink:

Not according to the manual.
“The dive alarm is canceled and the ascent rate alarm stops sounding when the ascent rate falls below ascent rate alarm rate. (30fpm)”
In other words, don't go up so fast.:wink:

No, i don't think it can
I've got the JP1010e and i can't find a function to turn it off there
Surely it's not annoying you? You wouldn't be ascending faster than that

I agree that the ascent ratio is acceptable & that I should not be ascending faster... but it seems terribly sensitive (i.e.: when I raise my arm rapidly, etc.)... besides I don't plan to abandon the alarm altogether - I want to use the alarm on my dive computer instead.

B-n-B

Yes, you are able to have the ascent alarm deactivated. I have the same watch and had a Citizen repair shop deactivate this alarm. Keep in mind if they do this, it also deactivates the "other" alarms.

Stop flopping your arms around! :D

Seriously, you should not be activating this alarm even when flopping your arms around. You are obviously ascending too fast. Learn to control this, and the issue will go away.

Your default rate issue is a non-issue. If this alarm goes off, regardless of which device sets it off, you should be paying attention to it. You need to have better control over your ascents.

Yes, you are able to have the ascent alarm deactivated. I have the same watch and had a Citizen repair shop deactivate this alarm. Keep in mind if they do this, it also deactivates the "other" alarms.
David - can you provide the contact info for the repair shop that disabled your rapid ascent alarm… I contacted Citizens repair facility in Torrance, Ca and they will not disable the alarm for me. I am in Florida.

Thanks,

Ryan T.

David - can you provide the contact info for the repair shop that disabled your rapid ascent alarm… I contacted Citizens repair facility in Torrance, Ca and they will not disable the alarm for me. I am in Florida.

Thanks,

Ryan T.
Holy resurrection batman! This thread is from 14 years ago during our last recession.

Ha! Have difficulty finding a repair shop that will disable the ascent alarm…

Love the watch.
Dislike the feature.
My dive computer is better suited to alarm.

@FLORIDER007, We can disable your rapid ascent alarm in your Citizen dive watch. We've done it for a few clients with the same problem. Keep in mind two things: a) as @DivingLonghorn stated in this same post, you will also lose the daily alarm feature and b) since we have to open your Citizen, we have to perform the full service on it which includes replacing the gasket, installing a fresh battery and performing a waterproof test to 160 feet. The cost of the full service is US$ 60, plus return shipping and the disabling of your ascent alarm is included. Check our website at www.divewatchdoctor.com, email us at service@divewatchdoctor.com, or give us a call at 954 470 7841.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom