• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Asia trips and coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Asia' started by ChrisM, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    Malaysia closes borders, shuts most businesses in lockdown

2. Centrals

# of Dives:
    We should had done that month ago especially to those just across the border. But the SAR Gov have to take order from Peking so the chinese won't lose any face!

Hong Kong medical workers strike to demand total border closure

shoredivr likes this.
  3. hsinhai

hsinhai Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    thks jim

chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. pclark2

pclark2 Contributor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
  5. elegant _hyllidia

elegant _hyllidia New

Thanks everyone for the update on Taiwan and Sorong/Raja Ampat situation. Super appreciate it as this is where I am getting breaking news (as it pertains to my trip). The boat operator has not been proactive in communicating any updates and I suspect overwhelmed.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  6. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Contributor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
  7. outofofficebrb

outofofficebrb HARRO HUNNAYYY

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    no, that is not accurate. They are not banning entry to all foreigners. The article you linked to even states otherwise. As it relates to our purpose (tourism), they are suspending visa on arrivals which applied to countries most of us are citizens of which automatically gives you 30 days. Now, if a foreigner wants to go to Indonesia, you must go to a consulate and apply for their single entry tourist visa which is a 60 day visa. In addition to their normal application requirements, you will need to bring a health certificate. (The normal requirements for a US citizen would be bringing passport, passport photos, letter of employment stating good standing + position + approved dates of leave; bank statement or document dated within the last 2 weeks showing a balance with sufficient funds, and return tickets to/from Indonesia to prove your entry and exit dates)

They are not banning all entry to foreigners. They are making it more difficult to enter by requiring everyone to go to a consulate or mail this information along with a health certificate to a consulate in order to get a visa to get in. They are trying to ensure people are not sick and not likely to be bringing an active case in for local transmission.

Mike Veitch likes this.
  8. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Contributor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Qantas cancels all international flights.

9. Centrals

# of Dives:
    A smart way to say NO to foreigners. Make it very difficult so only people with good reason would want to go through the whole procedure.

outofofficebrb likes this.
  10. pclark2

pclark2 Contributor

It also leaves the various domestic companies the legal right to not do refunds. I believe if there was an official ban they would then have to refund everyone.