Assembling my OMS SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rbruen

Reaction score
My new OMS SPG (purchased from LP) arrived yesterday. In the box was the gauge itself, a HP hose, a rubber boot, and a strange tiny pin assembly with little o-rings on either end.

Does anybody know what this pin assembly is and whether or not it's supposed to be inserted into the gauge and hose before connecting the two?

I think the only other possibility is that the pin thingy was dropped into the box by accident...

That's the HP spool. Leave it out and it will leak air.

Lubricate the o-rings (use O2 compatable grease like Christolube or Krytox if you want to use it with nitrox) lightly before inserting. If you don't lubricate them, they can get stuck in the gauge when you next disassemble it.

rbruen once bubbled...
and a strange tiny pin assembly with little o-rings on either end.
I think the only other possibility is that the pin thingy was dropped into the box by accident...

Wow, that was funny... Let us know how it turns out...

take the whole mess to the nearest dive shop. You're far from qualified to do anything beyond changing a fin strap.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...
take the whole mess to the nearest dive shop. You're far from qualified to do anything beyond changing a fin strap.

WW

THAT is funny.

Sure, I'm qualified to change the strap...but adjusting it...? fuggedaboutid.

k

for help and abuse. Too bad some of the experts seem to have forgotten when they were new.

Unless you have one of the rare really good LDSs, I would avoid that route. Likely to get lots of abuse, probably overcharged as punishment for using LP, and maybe even blackballed.

Assembly is not that hard. In the unlikely event you screw it up, it should be readily apparent as the SPG will leak at the connection. Use the info in the previous link. O2 compatible lube is preferable but silicone will work fine with air. If it doesn't come out OK, the spools is fairly cheap and its might be a good opportunity the find an LDS that doesn't screw with you. Shop around.

awap once bubbled...
for help and abuse. Too bad some of the experts seem to have forgotten when they were new.

well come on Awap, tell him how to do it rather than just telling him its not hard. Where does he put that "strange tiny pin assembly with little o-rings on either end"?

Come on butthead, lets hear it.

Fact is slick, if one can't figure this out, one NEEDS help from one's LDS.

When I was new, and yes, I DO remember, I would have taken it to my LDS.

WW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom