At sea now and need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey gang, my wife and I have just got on NCL and are going to
St Thomas 11am-5.30p
St Johns 8am-4.30pm
Barbados 9am-5.30pm
Grenada 8am-5.30pm
Dominica 8am-4.30pm
Tortola 8am-12.30pm

We want to do some diving but really don't wanna deal with the pre booked cruise line cattle boats and newbiees. Any sugusstions for dive ops, and places to dive? I'll be diving dbl80's but gotta stay out of deco cuz the wife. would like to catch some wreaks and deeper than the 60' stuff the line offers. They won't even tell me who their ops are! We are going to hit the Rone in Tortola

So far thought about island divers in St Thomas, Aquanuts in Grenada, The Dive shop in Barbados. Any suggestions would be great. I know sometimes you are better going with the cruise op in say Belize b/c of time. Just wanted some ppl's 2 cents. Thanks so much scuba buddys!

Check out Blue Water Divers or Admiralty Dives on St. Thomas. They pick you up at the cruiseship pier, literally right in front of the boats.

On Tortola, I can't recommend UBS Dive highly enough. They only do private charters and it'll be slightly more expensive for 2 than booking with a regular dive op, but with your time in port, it would be the only way to get back to the ship on time if you want to dive the Rhone.

could not agree more, but make sure they give you the clear water dive....:wink:

In St. Thomas Admiralty Dive is the best. Marty is the owner. They will pick you up at the cruise ship dock. Ask for "Fish Butt", he's been working at the shop for several years, and knows all the best dives.
Phone: (888) 900-DIVE
The St. Thomas dives with the cruise ship would be with Underwater Safaris. Do NOT use Underwater Safaris. They are the biggest cattle boat on the island.

On Barbados contact "The Dive Shop Ltd.", Very friendly guys.
www.divebds.com ask Haroon, the owner, to pick you up at the Cruise ship dock. Most of the time he will too. USA: 1-888-898-3483

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom