Atlantic Canada Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone out there interested in Diving Halifax, Nova Scotia or around the Avalon Pennisula of Newfoundland? Both are located in Atlantic Canada and both are home to numerous wrecks.

Nova Scotia has about 2000 accessable wrecks off the coast. Most in relatively shallow water 60-150 ft. While Newfoundland has many more, most of which have not been found to date. Some of the more popular Newfoundland wrecks are the Bell Island wrecks. They are 4 large ships that were sunk by a German U-Boat during WWII and are located in 60-160 ft depending on the wreck. As well there are numerous other vessels that are laden with coins and silverware to this day (if you are into sovenier hunting). The Anglo Saxon is a relatively virgin wreck as most people are unaware of its location.

If you are interested and would like to know more drop me a line.

NFLD DIVER, I will be up this coming week diving from the 24-31st with Rick Stanley's crew, and three other divers from NB, if your interested in joining us our first charter is July 25th.

NFLD Diver,

I've been diving pretty much every weekend for the last year with Rick at OceanQuest, if you goto Newfoundland, you don't go anywhere's else except them. Excellent service, friendly and just an all around awsome experience diving with them.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom