atmos 1 water activation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halocline

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi;

On a recent dive with my atmos 1, I decided to try the water activation, and did not turn my computer on prior to diving. This was only the second dive with this computer, and the computer had not been activated for a couple of days before the dive. After descending a few feet, maybe 6, I looked at the computer and it had not turned on. So, I pressed the activation button. It went through the diagnostic, then flashed "alt" and shut down. (Maybe it was "act", but I think it was "alt") Anyhow, I surfaced, turned it on again, and it worked fine. The water activation feature was turned on at the time.

I can't find anything in the manual to explain this. There was no appreciable change in altitude between the 2 dives, and I'm pretty sure the altitude was below 2000 ft. Does this mean that you're not supposed to use the water activation for the first dive of a given day? The manual does say that manual activation is "recommended" and that it must be used when diving at the different altitude then previous dives, but it never says the computer will shut down if water activated. Anybody know what's going on with this? I guess from now on I'll use the manual activation except on repetitive dives.
Thanks, Matt

mattboy:
Hi;

On a recent dive with my atmos 1, I decided to try the water activation, and did not turn my computer on prior to diving. This was only the second dive with this computer, and the computer had not been activated for a couple of days before the dive. After descending a few feet, maybe 6, I looked at the computer and it had not turned on. So, I pressed the activation button. It went through the diagnostic, then flashed "alt" and shut down. (Maybe it was "act", but I think it was "alt") Anyhow, I surfaced, turned it on again, and it worked fine. The water activation feature was turned on at the time.

I can't find anything in the manual to explain this. There was no appreciable change in altitude between the 2 dives, and I'm pretty sure the altitude was below 2000 ft. Does this mean that you're not supposed to use the water activation for the first dive of a given day? The manual does say that manual activation is "recommended" and that it must be used when diving at the different altitude then previous dives, but it never says the computer will shut down if water activated. Anybody know what's going on with this? I guess from now on I'll use the manual activation except on repetitive dives.
Thanks, Matt

Not sure why it didn't water activate...Just a guess, but I'll bet that the manual says something about not manually activating below a certain depth in the water. Your computer probably came on, sensed it wasn't at zero depth, and shut off. (It couldn't keep track of NDL's very well if it didn't know about your entire dive.)

Make sure you have the water activation option turned on. My aeris 2 has this setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom