Atmos 2/AI, Sherwood wisdom, and Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allen42

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend comparing these four comps, and all meet her requirements:

Aeris Atmos AI (a bit pricey)
Aeris Atmos 2
Sherwood Wisdom
Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2

Are there any other comments or reviews that you can add to what we've learned about these units? Favorites out there? I've heard that Oceanic and Aeris have same manufacturer, is this true?

Allen42:

Aeris Atmos 2
Sherwood Wisdom

Are there any other comments or reviews that you can add to what we've learned about these units? Favorites out there? I've heard that Oceanic and Aeris have same manufacturer, is this true?

I love my sherwood wisdom AI it is simple to use and turns on automatically when hitting the water except I turn my on on the surface so I can check my starting gas pressure. the only thing I dont like about it is the depth and temperature numbers are real small but the gas pressure numbers are HUGE my buddy can read them when I look to see where Im at. It is easy to set up your user defualts and have it beep for you When ever I dive with someone I have never dove with before the first thing I get asked when we surface what the heck was all the beeping. I have mine set to beep at 1500psi 100ft depth. and a few others it will tell you at 20 feet to start stopping and then a countdown counter will kick in once again this number is a little small but I have gotten used to it now. I almost went with the Aeris AI for the simple fact all the numbers seem really HUGE on the display of that one.

Allen42:

Aeris Atmos 2
Sherwood Wisdom

I think all 4 of those computers are made by the same company, Pelagic. They're good computers, althought they have a reputation of being quite liberal.

That said, my wife and and I both ahve Pro Plus 2's and we like them. I particularly like the high granularity of the tissue loading graph.
Unfortunately, they can't be adjusted to be more conservative, but you can always do that during a dive by beginning your ascent when you fill the green region and staying clear of the yellow warning area.

I have the Oceanic Datamax Pro+ and the VT Pro+ (basically the wireless version of the Datamax Pro+) and like them both. The displays are intuitive and the instruction manual easy to understand (unlike the Suuntos). I'm pretty sure they are made by the same manufacturer, which is why they look very much alike.

I prefer the foot print of the Aeris.. turned at an angle like it does - makes it easier to read for me - along with the huge numbers. Really the same unit - just different display, and for some reason - they are much cheaper on their download cable and software... but the computers themselves run about the same money... Aeris just doesn't let authorized dealers "advertise" for less that certain pricing... but we can sell them at any mark we want.

I'm also more impressed with the customer service I get from Aeris. The president of Aeris is a guy named Dan Emke, and he is one of the most straight forward honest guys I've meet in this industry. Any time we've had any type of problem, he has personally made sure it was taken care of instantly. If anyone has questions on Aeris Products, and is in the Dallas Area, Dan will be in town the 21, 22, and 23 of this month at our shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom