Atmos 2 Serial number

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecrowe9298

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone help me with this? I just bought an atmos 2 wrist computer from scuba.com (an authorized dealer) and the serial number (015144) and firmware number (3A) in the computer is different from the numbers on the box. The box has two barcodes and two numbers. (10.2510) and (009927) Rev 2A Are these serial numbers? Also the battery indicator does show when the computer is first activated. The manual says it should not. Anyone else have one of these to comment?
Thanks Alot, Ethan

i am sorry, no clue on the serial numbers

my Atmos 2 always shows the battery icon when on surface mode, but
not during dive mode

maybe that's the confusion?

I just fired ours up this weekend.

Now that you mention it when I check the box is labeled firmware 2A but the dowloader read 3A from my computer. My serial numbers do match however.

As for the barcodes if you look at the fine print human readable they are the product number and serial number. They sell it as an ATMOS-2 but there is also a product number that defines the item. This probably lets them track language versions and other varriations while keeping the model name constant.

It does sound like your computer wound it's way into an old box.

Our serials are 14636 and 14658 so it sounds like you have faiirly late production. We have puck models.

As for the battery symbol, it sounds like a slight firmware discrtepancy.

Pete

I'm very dissapointed to hear this. This is the second problem I've had with scuba.com. Now I have a computer in an old box. I think I've purchased my last from scuba.com and I'm sending it back. Thanks for the info though. Ethan

I too had the low battery indicator come on my wife's Atoms II when the manual said it shouldn't. We were leaving for Cocoview in 24 hrs so I emailed Aeris and phoned Scubatoys.
Scubatoys said " change the battery" and if that didn't work send it back to them

Aeris (amazingly replied in <24hrs) "When a computer is activated it uses a large amount of battery power for the initial start up. It is totally normal for the battery icon to be low for up to 5 minutes after turning the unit on, so I wouldn&#8217;t worry about your computer, it sound like it is in perfect health...."

I wimped out and changed the battery just in case. The low battery indicator went out and we had a great 20 + dives at Cocview with no problems

We have matching Atoms II with exactly the same number of dives. Why the battery indicator came on on just my wife's i don't know.

The guys at Scubatoys were more than willing to help me out and would have gladly worked something out but there just wasn't time. i think change the battery idea was prudent. Its a DIY $3 fix just in case

Heh, noticed the same battery icon before my first dive. But I am lazy and couldn't be bothered to try more than 3 places looking for the proper battery. Well I maxed out diving for the full week and the battery is still kicking voraciously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom