Atmos Elite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UM whats it look like I bought this puter almost 4 years ago.

UM whats it look like I bought this puter almost 4 years ago.

It's a steel flat "Thickness of a dime" key with two prongs that fit into the battery compartment. If you don't have it use either a screwdriver as per the manual or a snap ring removal tool that also has two small prongs to open a snap ring. It only takes 1/8 of a turn to unlock the battery compartment.

...and bring your patience with you because sometimes when I have changed the battery on my atmos elite it was no problem and other times it was a true PITA! The good news is that if you think you have the battery cover on properly and you don't and it floods then you won't kill the whole computer, just the battery you placed in it. Basically, the computer is water tight but the battery compartement isn't unless you place the cover on properly. It's a very close fit and at times it goes on the first try and sometimes you will swear that it wasn't even designed to go on at all EVER! A good fresh water soaking and air drying will do the job if battery flooding happens. Have fun and good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom